puttering


north west :: living room Originally uploaded by dressform.

i have succumbed to the fact that once you take a break it is incredibly difficult to get back to your normal mode of working. i feel like i'm training for a marathon. the marathon of life [see my brain is so smushy it's liking corny metaphors]. how exactly did i used to get everything done??

amanda had this excellent idea to document corners of your house. [can i be dorky again and say how cool is it that we now have digital cameras and flickr and can follow thru on these whims and fancies?]. it's supposed to happen on thursdays, but heck for me it still feels like thurs.... :)

above is the north west corner of our "new" living room.... i still want to post pictures of our room switch - just haven't gotten to it yet - so this is a tease.... here is the info on what you see....

i should be working so am going to keep this short.... this is spreading like wildfire, but....
Blingo

come on - we can win PRIZES!! :)

there are a few more why we blogs for me to add, i want to answer the question about why the backside of embroidery for the piece in the last post... and there's that new year's hope list to attend to... i'm hoping to catch my breath this weekend. happy friday ya'll!

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a great little nook!! I love rooms with nooks! And english muffins with nooks AND crannies.

yup. my brain is also mush.
andrea said…
terrific idea, amanda. love this little peek in to your home, lisa... (now if I could just get my hands on a digital camera, I would do this myself... yet another reason to purchase that D50)...

happy friday to you too!
Jan Halvarson said…
yes fun idea - and love that nook. love the word nook. i'll have to see if i have a good nook to show...
Anonymous said…
lovely!
what a corner of good little art you have there!!

can you do some before and after shots of new paint job??
hope you have a good weekend.
Anonymous said…
sometimes one needs a break to realize that what one thought was "normal" was actually bordering on impossible. take this as a lesson in the need to live a LITTLE LESS frenetically, my friend!

love your little nook, by the way.....any others you care to share in the future?
eireann said…
thanks for the note on my entry...just been having a strange time with someone reading my weblog + then doing what I do. it's uncomfortable and makes me feel angry more than I'm used to. grrrr.
Anonymous said…
same here! i cannot get into the swing of things!
ugh, its like i am made of marshmellows!
:)
happy new year!
Anonymous said…
ah...I think everyone is stuck in some time warp between 2005/2006...what wrong with us? Love the nook idea - you should definitely add this to 'Home Story' if I ever manage to get the invitations out... :)
Anonymous said…
i love your corner and the little table

Popular Posts