drawing a day ~ week 17


drawing a day ~ week 17 Originally uploaded by dressform.

this week's set. i'm pretty happy with the last two in particular. the doily one this week was kind of an experiment for my wall piece. it gives me hope that it might work.... fingers crossed. i have to make it to another kinkos tomorrow. after waiting in line for 15 minutes i was told that the big xerox machine was broken. ugh. what a drag. where else can i get a 2 foot long xerox??

tomorrow i have to print some more shirts. this time for gifts, not for an abby order.... i'm kind of excited b/c i'm going to try out a new image. time for a robot! if it works maybe i'll add it to the abby line...

have you been to popink yet? i have the happy bunny pony kitty book - but they have some incredible plastic plates for sale... and cool fonts and stuff....

FYI there are a couple more why we blogs out there!

OH! i want to read a really good book. a story. something that will really get to me because i don't read too much anymore. it can be sad, funny, over the top, whatever - but it has to be page turning good. i'm thinking christmas day in front of fire reading. any suggestions????

Comments

andrea said…
ooohhhh, can't wait to look at your drawings up close on flickr. delish.

dig those plates on popink, especially the green vintage wallpaper-looking one... and can't wait to check out the fonts.

as for books... for funny, anything by david sedaris (if you haven't already read all his stuff...? 'naked' and 'me talk pretty one day' are particularly good). for sad (and compelling) try 'white oleander'. I love that book and have read it several times. I know there are so many more out there... but I can't think... oh yes and 'middlesex' by jeffrey eugenides is a great read too.
andrea said…
oh and my post on why I blog is coming... just as soon as I get the chance to breathe. what a great topic you have started!
Anonymous said…
One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus is a touching, engrossing story. So, are Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver (a little lighter with some great humor in it)and Horse Whisperer (made into a movie with Redford).
Anonymous said…
books to read... I highly recommend 'Pattern Recognition' by William Gibson; 'Written on the Body' by Jeannette Winterson and 'Virgin Suicides' by Jeffrey Eugenides. hope you let us all know what you've picked and how you like it.
Anonymous said…
popink rocks - so much eyecandy! Thanks Lisa for the link!

Now I think I have figured out how you will go about the wall project...Iwas asking myself how you would pierce the walls for the stiching...:)

Books...I can highly recommend the Thursday Next series (starting with "The Eyre Affair") by Jasper Fforde. It's a cross between Sue Townsend and Douglas Adams. Very funny. Hm...are you looking for suspense or comedy? Romance? I'll get back to you.
Suse said…
'Year of Wonders' by Geraldine Brooks,

and

'The Poisonwood Bible' by Barbara Kingsolver

but you must read

'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger (sp?)

Popular Posts